NCGuide Academic Packages
NCGuide Academic Packages are FANUC's CNC software running on a PC. They are available with single or multi-seat licenses. This is the ideal solution for an education institution room or a dedicated training room.
NCGuide Academic Packages provide a realistic operation and part programming environment at a fraction of the cost of using a production machine tool. This translates into lower costs and allows shop machine to be used more efficiently. They support both conventional G-code programming, including canned cycles and custom macros, and FANUC's conversational programming, MANUAL GUIDE i.
Comprehension and retention is enhanced as students perform repetitive hands-on exercises in an ergonomically friendly environment - away from the noise of the factory floor. Operators, programmers, and maintenance students can all practice common procedures and develop optimized processes without risks to people, tooling or machines.
- This the same software that runs on the CNC, which means programs can be written, tested and optimized on a PC. Machines in the workshop are now more efficiently used for machining exercises.
- Simulators fit to a classroom situation and so both educational and industrial training is easily implemented resulting in better educated and highly motivated students.
- Instructor demonstration - NCGuide Academic Packages can be projected to a large classroom display just like any other PC-based program, providing an effective visual aid for demonstrating concepts and examples during lectures. The instructor can share his screen to remote students using suitable software for instructor-led distance learning applications.
- Classroom exercises - Students can perform operation and programming exercises in the classroom. This is especially useful if there are insufficient machines for all the students to use at the same time. The instructor can monitor students using the actual machine tools to ensure safe operation, while the remaining students can use NCGuide to pre-test part programs or to learn additional concepts. The instructor can provide a specific machine composition for the exercise, with the CNC type, options, parameter settings, existing part programs and subprograms, tool and work offsets all preselected.
- Students homework - Students that can access the schools network remotely can also run NCGuide. The software is loaded on the student’s computer and only the licensing is controlled via the network. This means the student gets the performance benefits of a local application and the network is not taxed with large data transfers. The instructor can provide a specific machine composition for the exercise, with the CNC type, options, parameter settings, existing part programs and subprograms, tool and work offsets all preselected. Problems can be designed for the student to solve.
- Flipping the classroom - NCGuide Academic Packages are ideal when lectures and standard exercises are performed with minimal supervision, reserving the primary instructor interactions for in-class homework assignments.
- Distance learning - NCGuide is an effective distance learning tool that allows the user to perform comprehensive exercises in CNC operation and programming, complimenting existing distant learning systems. Licensing is controlled via the network so the student gets the performance benefits of a local application and the network is not taxed with large data transfers. An instructor can also demonstrate the application across the web for instructor-led distance learning applications.
- CAD/CAM integration - NCGuide fits nicely in CAD/CAM class. The first execution of the part program after completing the CAM post processing can be performed on NCGuide. Conventional tool path plotting graphics or the solid model graphics in MANUAL GUIDE i can be used to check syntax and tool paths in a safe, low-cost environment.
Supporting the CNC workflow
NCGuide Academic Packages support the complete CNC workflow for effective training on FANUC equipment.
- Creating part programs
- Loading part programs
- Tool geometry setup
- Graphical verification
- Editing part programs
- Workpiece offsets
- Program execution
- Tool wear offsets